Monday, September 3, 2007

Peter is in Afghanistan

Hello to all! Well, Pete is now in Kabul, Afghanistan. We just found out that he will be staying on the main camp, Camp Phoenix. That is a relief! He has been assigned a very small room all to himself. He is in the process of settling in. By the way, you can google "Camp Phoenix" and check out some neat web sites with great pictures of what Pete will be seeing.

Today, he began his job. He has the 4am-12pm shift which he is happy about since he is a morning person. He has been trying to reach us today but kept missing us at home. So, I hope to have more details for all of you soon. He will give me his address tomorrow and I will pass along a list of things he could use.

We are thankful that he will be able to have his own internet connection for a small fee. It also looks like he will buy an internet phone to be able to more effectively communicate with all of us and to be able to receive calls as well. I'm not sure how much calls would cost then. I'll let you know.

Here on the home front all is well. Ricky will begin his preschool this week. I can't believe he is turning 4 in a month. Paul continues to copy everything Ricky does and constantly makes us smile. Ricky assures me that while Daddy is gone he will take care of me when I am sad. He is so sweet! He has been praying for a little sister and the other day he announced to me that he now knew how I could have a baby girl. He said, "You and daddy just need to get married again." He comes up with amazing explanations and even more amazing questions. What a fun age!

Please keep up the prayers! They are being heard!!!!!! and they are being felt!!!!!!!! Thank you!
With much love,
Cristina

P.S. On a sad note, Peter's family dog died last week. He was very sick with cancer. Please keep his family in your prayers.

No comments: